Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winter

Winter is finally here - in mid-January.  I hope that we get enough snow that I can cross country ski soon.  We might have enough now, but it is supposed to be a high of 7 tomorrow.  That is a touch chilly.  Even for me.  I run on slight occasion.  Swimming is still good.  My diet is better.  I started a weight routine last week.  Biking is still almost non-existent.  BUT, I have a plan (kinda).  I ordered 4 spinerval dvds.  I plan on sweating to Coach Troy and hopefully I can get in better biking shape.  I DID bike outside for 30 minutes last week as it was 52 degrees!!  It was hard.  It will be a slow climp up, but I will get back to some sort of shape besides round.

So my plan?  I think I will enter the Horrible Hilly Hundreds lottery (HHH).  Rob plans on doing J-Hawk and Bigfoot, so I think I may do those as well.  Maybe another sprint or 2 in the summer.  We will have to see.  I may also try to do Dairyland Dare and get that Century ride under my belt since it was cut short last summer.  I miss the IM loop.  I look forward to riding it again.  I actually like the course.  I think we will have to get a babysitter a time or two this summer so we can ride together.  Even if I routinely get dropped. 

No comments: