Sunday, October 16, 2011

SLUG

Yes - a slug.  That is what I have become.  I have been on my bike ONCE since Ironman.  It was enjoyable, but I did have a completely flat back tire to start.  I just pumped it up and went.  I've done some minimal running - heck, minimal WALKING even!  My ankle regularly hurts when pushing off and my plantar fasciitis is flaring in my left foot (same leg as the ankle issue).  I did take the kids hiking at Devil's Lake State Park last Sunday, but it was a little painful. The pool and I are always friends.  Sally bought a new workout book, and those workouts are butt-kicking!  I am on a hiatus for a couple of weeks because Bert is in Wyoming hunting.  I might go in for 30 minutes or so after I am done coaching on Monday as the boy has soccer practice until 6:30.  Might as well just stay in town and wait until he is finished.  I did yoga ONCE.  Weights - nada.  Oh how the mighty have fallen!  I have to have a plan.  I am seriously considering joining the gym when it re-opens after the remodel.  I would like to get some varied weight routines, do the rowing machine, rehab my ankle on the treadmill, maybe take some different classes.  I need to clean up my diet.  I don't think concrete mixers several times per week are really acceptable at this point.  Bert is doing a winter cycling program -- This plan-- and I think I might do the same.  Every season I say I am going to work on my biking during the winter, but I do not.  I would like to bike with him next summer as he prepares for Ironman Mont Tremblant.  I do not have a race plan for next season.  I am a big glob of goo.  I had to have my cholesterol done for work a few weeks ago.  I'm at an increased risk for coronary disease!  This was 3 weeks post Ironman.  I need to EXERCISE more!  Can you believe that???  Maybe I need to consider a double Ironman!  Ultra-marathon?  Maybe just a summer and a winter Ironman so that I am always in tip-top shape.  Maybe I should go to Culver's and ponder my plan.....

1 comment:

charice fren said...

There are quite a few benefits for using abdominal exercise machines but probably one of the most important benefits is the absence of impact. Elliptical trainer workouts are generally safe for the joints and provide a no-impact workout as opposed to a treadmill where your feet hit the deck with every step.