Saturday, July 30, 2011

Weekend Rumblings

So - I just purchased a sleeveless wetsuit.  I think this will help me feel better in the water.  My stroke changes so much in my full sleeve that my arms actually get tired.  Now - we just need to keep the water temp in the 60's for Ironman.  I guess right now it is not wetsuit legal at all!

I did 2 laps of the IMOO loop today for the 1st time.  It was about 5:25.  Not too bad.  I was pretty sore though!  I did like eating regular foods better than doing all liquid nutrition.  The run off of the bike felt good - just hot and my legs are still sore from all of the cramps I had this week.  I just have to be better about the timing of my food.  I didn't really watch the time - just ate when I felt like it.  I did take 2 salt tabs every hour, but I am considering taking more than that.  I was cramping pretty bad once I was home.  A bottle of nuun really helps with this - leads me to believe I need more salt!  I hope that there is music out there on race day (hint to spectators - bring a radio!)  I have had this slow country song stuck in my head for the last 3 days.  When I wasn't chatting with people - it was on in my head.  It's gotta go!  I need fast stuff!

I think everything is coming together pretty nicely but I feel like I am doing way less than everyone else as far as total volume per week.  I am excited to be getting a sports massage this week and hope to stick to my plan these last 3 weeks of peak training - well, and into taper. 

1 comment:

Team Brazo said...

RE: less mileage than everyone else

That has been my #1 mental problem with my 3 IronMan's. This year I'm ignoring it. Advice - ignore or scour the internet for a blog where the Iron an trainee is doing less - you'll find plenty...