Friday, February 4, 2011

Where Have I Been??

I'll tell ya.... Laid UP!  So, my plan for a spectacular pre-season really failed.  Mostly my fault. Well, all my fault since I planned on getting good on the bike.  But, I love to run.  And - I could NOT run. I still swam.  Love to swim too.  I have not lifted weights.  Have not done yoga.  I finally had an MRI in December when I couldn't even run a 1/4 mile.  I had a little cyst dude in my ankle.  Decided to do surgery.  I am still recovering.  Surgery was 1-19.  I am in a walking cast.  I get that off next week.  We'll see what happens then.  I am swimming right now.  I use a pull buoy so I don't kick.  It hurts to kick.  My training plan officially starts on Feb. 14th.  I don't think I will be running, but I hope to be doing everything else.  I thought about looking into joining a gym for 1 month to use an elliptical in place of running, but I don't know if that will be an approved exercise.  I will have to wait until I see Lynn next week.  I can't wait to run though.  Remind me of this in July when I am trying to log 20-25 mile weeks! 

No comments: