Sunday, November 14, 2010

Back at It!

The 1st week of "preseason" has closed.  I managed 2 swims, 1 bike, and 2 runs.  Boy, I love to run.  I actually went 6 miles today!  That would be my 5th run since July, I think?  And I did 6 miles.  I am trying to watch my heartrate.  At least just to see what kind of numbers I have so that when I start to train seriously, I can follow the zone guidelines.  It seems that most of what I read says zone 2 or 3.  Well, my run today was just into zone 4.  I did not feel as though I was zone 4.  Perhaps I am younger than I think?  It felt good and I never looked at my watch until we got done.  I think the dog was happy to get some exercise and I enjoyed my time chatting with friends. 

My bike was really kinda hard.  I did a 35 minute spinerval workout on the trainer.  I went into zone 5 as a max.  That was the intent of the workout.  They were 7 intervals of hard gears for 90 seconds.  My average was solid in zone 3.  My cadence was about 85 rpm's.  Rob put aerobars on my bike.  A few weeks ago I did a 40 mile ride outdoors.  Felt good.  The trainer - not so good.  I had really bad pain in my left shoulder and neck for a few days.  I think it was from the trainer.  I'll have to have my mechanic/coach fiddle with my fit a bit. 

My swims - good as usual.  I just love to swim.  If you don't know that about me already - you'll learn.  My husband doesn't see the need for me to swim much - I need to swim.  It is just relaxing for me.  Working on speed work a little to hopefully bring my time/hundred down a little.  I want to feel like it is easy, but I don't want to get stuck in the chaos of the post 1 hour swim finish.  I think I could do a 65 minute swim - might be nice to be a little faster.  I really don't want the contact of the masses!

I didn't do any weights or yoga this week.  I hope to change that this week.  I also had a bad food week too.  I cheated on my "1 latte a week" - 4 times over!  I also had 2 scones, a culver's concrete mixer, puppy chow, and a piece of cake.  So much for cutting the crap out.  Hopefully I will do better this week.  Maybe I will reward myself on the weekend if I hit my workouts this week.  Busy week though.  I will try to at least check in weekly.  Rob says I babble too much.  Perhaps a weekly post will help.

Have a delightful week everyone!

No comments: