Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ironman # 618

So - I guess it's for real.  I have a bib # - they didn't leave me off the list.  Made me a little nervous at first, but I've calmed down.  I am still not completely firm on what I am wearing for the run, which has me a little nervous.  I just feel like I need an extra pocket.  I know that I should expect the unexpected, so I am wanting to carry a little bit of extras in case I can't eat off of the course.  I don't want to have to wait until a 1/2 marathon is over before I get to my special needs bag.  I want to have my own little carry along special needs. 

I slept great last night and I am hoping for a good last long run this afternoon after work.  I am going to run on the course.  I know it but it will be nice to re-familiarize myself before race day.  I think I am going to just to my planned ride for Saturday rather than go longer.  I'm just not sure my body needs it.  This past weekend was pretty epic in its own right, so I am going to leave well enough alone. 

I scheduled my pre-race massage for 4 days prior.  I scheduled my hair appointments for 3 days after.  Ordered my race fuel.  I have to get another replacement tube and some CO2 cartridges.  And then I just have to finalize the outfits and finish up these last 2 weeks.  I am to the point that I would like the race here so I can stop obsessing about it.   

No comments: